Accreditation & Membership
The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a nationally recognized accrediting agency, accredit Platt College San Diego. The primary purpose of ACCSC and other accrediting agencies is to establish and maintain high educational standards and ethical business practices among its accredited institutions.
Platt College San Diego and its educational programs are approved by the Bureau of Private Post-secondary and Education (an office of the State of California, Department of Commerce) and the U.S. Department of Education.
Platt College San Diego maintains membership in the following organizations:
- American Institute of Graphic Arts (AIGA)
- Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- The California Association of Financial Aid Administrators (CSAPPS)
- Career College Association (CCA)
- International Graphic Arts Education Association (IGAEA)
- National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE)
- National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA)
- National Resume Writers Association
- Printing Industries Association of San Diego (PIASD)
- Professional International Educators Roundtable (PIER)
- San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce
Instructors at Platt College San Diego also maintain individual memberships in many relevant professional associations including the San Diego Screenwriters Association, the Ad Club of San Diego and the San Diego Macintosh Multimedia Users Group. Professional organizations offer continuing education opportunities for faculty.