Art Institute Transfers
Important information for the Art Institute (A Campus of Argosy University) students after closure.If you were affected by the closure of the Art Institute (A campus of Argosy University) and intend to continue your education, transferring to Platt College San Diego – Digital Media Design might be a good option. Our transfer process is simple, and we are ready to explain it and assist you if you decide to proceed.
Why Platt College San Diego Digital Media Design?
- No Fees: No Application, parking, transfer evaluation, or monthly material fees.
- Experience: Serving the San Diego creative community in its current location since 1980.
- Consistent Class Schedule: All classes are scheduled Monday – Friday, 8 am. – 12 pm. The only exception is the Portfolio Development class which runs Monday – Friday, 1 pm. – 5 pm. Some programs may also be offered on an Afternoon schedule, Monday-Friday, 1 PM – 5 PM. Speak to the admissions representative when on your personal appointment.
- One Course at a Time: Complete your design classes first and one at a time. EXAMPLE: Game Character Creation (Monday – Friday, 8 am – 12 pm for 5 weeks).
- Transfer Credit: Free and easy evaluation. PCSD will evaluate the credits you have earned at the Art Institute (Argosy University) and other institutions for transfer into PCSD’s programs. Credit for Core Design classes are determined by portfolio review.
- Academic Programs: PCSD offers an Associate of Applied Science in Graphic Design and a Bachelor of Science Degree in Media Arts (emphasis 3D Modeling & Design, Digital Video Production, or Web Design & Development).
- PCSD Location: PCSD is right around the corner from SDSU with convenient public transportation. 6250 El Cajon Blvd. San Diego, CA 92115.
- Convenient Start Dates: Classes begin every 5 weeks.
- Financial Aid: Available for those who qualify
- Military Friendly School: PCSD proudly serves our military service members. Approved for POST911 & Yellow Ribbon GI benefits.
- No Parking Fees: Hundreds of parking spaces and no parking fees! Parking is within 200 steps of the campus. Most can park within 20 steps.
- Accreditation: Platt College San Diego is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges. http://ACCSC.org.
- Job Placement Assistance: For current students and alumni. No cut-off date.
Would you like to explore this option further? What do you do now?
Step 1a: Fill out the form to upload ALL your transcripts from previous/current for a free and timely transfer credit evaluation and schedule your personal tour. Evaluation results will be revealed to you on your personal tour appointment.
Step 1b: Call 619.265.0107 to speak to an Admissions Department representative and identify yourself as a prospective transfer student.