As we head into 2023, the world of design and fashion is abuzz with anticipation for the newest color palettes. From bright and bold hues to softer, more muted tones, the color palette for 2023 is all about embracing the present and looking towards the future.
Here are some of the colors that we can expect to see dominating the design world in 2023:
- Rust (C: 28% M: 84% Y: 100% K: 26%, R: 147 G: 59 B: 23, #933b17): A warm, earthy tone that blends orange and brown, rust is a versatile color that can work well in both fashion and interior design. Rust evokes a sense of comfort and stability, making it an ideal color for creating cozy, inviting spaces.
- Lemon Yellow (C: 9% M: 0% Y: 85% K: 0%, R: 239 G: 234 B: 68, #efea44): Bright, cheerful, and optimistic, lemon yellow is a color that exudes happiness and positivity. It’s a perfect color for accent pieces, such as throw pillows or accent walls, and can help create a lively and energetic atmosphere.
- Ocean Blue (C: 91% M: 67% Y: 0% K: 0%, R: 2 G: 93 B: 186, #025dba): As the name suggests, ocean blue is a shade inspired by the deep blue sea. This calming and serene color can work well in both coastal-inspired designs and modern minimalist interiors. It’s a versatile color that can be paired with a range of other hues, from soft neutrals to bold jewel tones.
- Sage Green (C: 37% M: 14% Y: 33% K: 0%, R: 164 G: 191 B: 176, #a4bfb0): A muted green that is both calming and refreshing, sage green is a color that evokes a sense of nature and the outdoors. It pairs well with warm wood tones and can help create a serene and relaxing space.
- Terracotta (C: 21% M: 53% Y: 59% K: 2%, R: 198 G: 132 B: 106, #c6846a): A warm reddish-brown color, terracotta is a timeless and earthy hue that can add warmth and depth to any space. It pairs well with other natural materials, such as wood and stone, and can work well in both modern and traditional design schemes.
- Soft Lavender (C: 14% M: 17% Y: 4% K: 0%, R: 214 G: 205 B: 222, #d6cdde): A soft, muted shade of purple, soft lavender is a color that can add a touch of elegance and sophistication to any space. It pairs well with other pastels and can be used to create a serene and calming atmosphere.
- Burnt Orange (C: 15% M: 78% Y: 100% K: 4%, R: 204 G: 86 B: 0, #cc5600): A deep and rich shade of orange, burnt orange is a color that can add warmth and depth to any space. It pairs well with other warm hues, such as rust and terracotta, and can be used to create a cozy and inviting atmosphere.
Overall, the color palette for 2023 is all about embracing warmth, comfort, and optimism. From earthy tones to bright and bold hues, these colors can be used to create a range of design schemes, from cozy and inviting to modern and sophisticated. Whether you’re redesigning your home or updating your wardrobe, incorporating these colors into your design scheme can help you stay on-trend and create a space that feels fresh, modern, and welcoming.