Top 10 Student Designs for September 2014
October 3rd, 2014 | Natasha Englehardt
Top 10 Platt College San Diego Student Designs for September 2014Once a month we like to take a moment to showcase some of our most popular student designs according to Instagram likes and comments. If you follow us on Instagram you know that we like to share art, video production projects, 3D animations, and designs from our talented digital media design students and alumni almost daily! It’s a great way to show off all the hard work our students put into not only their class projects, but any side projects they are working on as well.
If you’re a current student or alumni, be sure to follow us and share your projects using the hashtag #plattcollegesandiego for your chance to be featured! You can check out our profile at www.instagram.com/plattcollegesandiego for daily art and design inspiration.
1. Jennifer Brincho – Pop Tarts Packaging RedesignPlatt College student Jennifer Brincho redesigned the packaging for Wildlicious Pop Tarts using a combination of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign. Such a fun and vibrant graphic design project! Check out more of Jennifer’s work on her Behance Portfolio page.
2. Jarod Octon – Crescent Moon Vector ArtMany of you probably saw that there was a stunning super moon last month. It was a beautiful sight here in San Diego. Which was perfect timing for Platt College alumni Jarod Octon to share this amazing crescent moon vector art! Be sure to check out his Instagram @classactlabel for more excellent designs.
3. Amber Bouley – Alice in Wonderland SketchPlatt College alumni Amber Bouley loves to draw her favorite Disney characters during her downtime. We particulary enjoyed this fun sketch of Alice and a couple of other characters from Wonderland. Be sure to check out her Instagram @amberbouley for more awesome artwork!
4. Natasha Englehardt – Candy Jar Digital ScenePlatt College Visual Effects student Natasha Englehardt created this delicious looking candy counter with Autodesk Maya using a variety of lighting and rendering techniques. She modeled the entire scene from scratch and used dynamics to create the candy in the jars. This project was for our Term 6 Rendering & Lighting class. Follow here Instagram account @thedesigndame to see more fun VFX projects.
5. Austin Faure – Long Exposure Photography ShotPlatt College Alumni Austin Faure shared this cool long exposure photography shot by using our #plattcollegesandiego hashtag! Be sure to check out his Instagram for more awesome work. Thanks for sharing @austinfaure!
6. Noah Guinn – Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ArtCheck out this epic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles art created by Platt College student Noah Guinn! Take a look at his Behance Portfolio to see more awesome artwork.
7. Brittni Knop – Portfolio WebsitePlatt College Web Design alumni Brittni Knop has an excellent eye for design and layout. We love the fun and photographic theme of her portfolio website http://brittniknop.com/.
8. Erina Furukawa – Shadow Recruit Scene Audio EngineeringPlatt College Video Production student Erina Furukawa used the program Pro Tools to add sound effects to a scene from the movie Shadow Recruit. This is a project for our Term 5 Sound Design & Engineering class. You can view the full project by visiting the Student Gallery on our website.
9. Alex Esparza – Anchorman Digital PortraitPlatt College student Alex Esparza created this fun vector portrait of Will Ferrell from Anchorman in his Term 2 Illustrator class. You can find more work from Alex on his Behance Portfolio page.
10. Tomas Espinoza – Bad Suns Music VideoPlatt College student Tomas Espinoza worked together with several of his classmates to film this fun music video that makes us want to take a trip to the beach. This is a project students produce in our Term 4 Intro to Digital Video Production class using a song of their choice. You can view the full video in the Student Gallery section of our website.