Skip to Main Content →

Admissions FAQs

Frequently Asked Admissions Questions

Is Platt College an Accredited College?

Platt College San Diego is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) which is listed by the United States Department of Education as a nationally recognized accrediting agency. The primary purpose of ACCSC and other accrediting agencies is to establish and maintain high educational standards and ethical business practices among its accredited institutions.

Does your Career Services department have a job board?

Yes, our private job board is located online and is available for students and Alumni. Contact to request access to the private job board.

Are the services offered from the Career Services department only for current students?

No, as long as the student is a graduate of Platt College San Diego, they are welcome to utilize Career Services as necessary.

How can I contact the Career Services team?

You may reach them by email,, or by calling Platt’s main line.

How do I request my school transcripts?

You may request a copy of your transcripts by downloading the following form:

Transcript Request Form

The request must be made in writing and include the student’s name, current address and phone number, social security number, dates of attendance/date of graduation, and the address where transcripts are to be sent. The request must include the student’s signature for processing to occur.

Does the school have a library?

Yes, Platt has a library on campus and online resource page.

Does Platt College provide dormitory facilities or housing assistance?

Platt College San Diego does not offer dormitory facilities or housing assistance. However, there are a variety of housing options available in the area near the school known as the College District. Information about housing rentals in the community are available online at these sites:,, and

Is work study available to students? And if so, who do I contact?

Certain requirements must be met to work as a work study student. For inquiries, contact the Financial Aid department.

Do I need to purchase my books and supplies outside of class?

No, your books, supplies, and printing are included and outlined in the cost of your program. Books and supplies are distributed during each class session.

Where can I find a Holiday Schedule?

The holiday schedule can be found in the Administrative Office or click here.

When do classes start?

Classes start every 5 weeks. Platt has continuous admissions; applications are accepted all year round.

What are the requirements to qualify for the Dean’s List?

Consideration for the Dean’s List will be made on the basis of academic and attendance performance achieved within the academic cycle (e.g. Term 1 and Term 2 make up an academic cycle). To become a Dean’s List recipient, a student must meet all of the following criteria:

Does Platt accept transfer credits from other institutions?

Platt may accept general education credits transferred from accredited post-secondary institutions if certain conditions are met (as outlined in the college catalog). All transfer units are subject to approval.These transcripts must be submitted to the College from the institution granting the credit and must be officially signed and sealed.

Is a portfolio required for admission?

No. Although a portfolio is not a requirement for admissions, if you have previous design skills and possess a well-rounded knowledge in a particular subject, Platt College permits a portfolio review and credit-by-exam. You may request a portfolio review, by contacting a Platt College admissions representative at (866)752-8826. Additional information regarding credit transfer to Platt College is available through our admissions department and the catalog.

Do I need a high school diploma to attend Platt College?

Yes, a high school diploma or GED equivalent is required.