Top 10 Student Designs for August 2014
September 2nd, 2014 | Natasha Englehardt
Top 10 Platt College Student Designs for August 2014 Once a month we like to take a moment to showcase some of our most popular student designs according to Instagram likes and comments. If you follow us on Instagram you know that we like to share art, videos, 3D animations, and designs from our talented media arts students and alumni almost daily! It’s a great way to show off all the hard work our students put into not only their class projects, but any side projects they are working on as well.
If you’re a current student or alumni, be sure to follow us and share your projects using the hashtag #plattcollegesandiego for your chance to be featured! You can check out our profile at www.instagram.com/plattcollegesandiego for daily art and design inspiration.
1. Michael Fugoso – Star Wars Illustration#1- Platt College student Michael Fugoso not only helped organize the Star Wars Art Event earlier this month but also participated as an artist himself. This awesome Star Wars piece was created by him using Adobe Illustrator. He told us this artwork was inspired by some cool techniques he learned from the Musketon workshop we hosted a couple months ago. Nice work Michael!
2. Eddie Osuna – Robin Williams TributePlatt College student Eddie Osuna paid tribute to Robin Williams by creating this lovely digital painting of him. Rest in Peace Robin, you are already greatly missed by so many. Thank you for the laughs and words of wisdom over the years.
3. Jazmin Castillo – Digital IllustrationsStudent Spotlight: Creative Illustrations by Jazmin CastilloIf you enjoy bright, colorful and surreal artwork then you will love our latest blog featuring illustrations created by Platt College student Jazmin Castillo. We’ve been watching her artwork since she started school here and we’re always inspired by her latest creations. For this spotlight blog we’ve highlighted some of our favorite work from Jazmin and asked her some questions about what challenges and what inspires her creations.
4. Jennifer Brincho – Queen Amidala PortraitSo many excellent art pieces created by our talented students were on display at the Star Wars art show last month! Here is one of our favorites created by Platt College student Jennifer Brincho of Queen Amidala. Beautiful work Jennifer!
5. Andrew Serrano – Galactic PhotographyWhen it comes to photography, Platt College Graphic Design student Andrew Serrano has a great eye for the world around us. We recently had the opportunity to talk with Andrew about his passion for photography and what inspires him. Whether it’s the lovely beach shore in La Jolla or the desert landscape of Death Valley, his photos are a visual treat that we hope you will enjoy as much as we do. Visit his Student Spotlight Blog to read more!
6. Mark Richmond – Spiderman PortraitPlatt College Alumni, Mark Richmond, currently had some amazing superhero artwork on display at the Michael J Wolf Fine Arts Gallery in downtown San Diego during Comic Con. This is one of the paintings he had up for sale. Nice work Mark!
7. Austin Faure – Website Promotional VideoPlatt College alumni Austin Faure created this fun promo video to advertise his portfolio website AustinFaure.com. Using a combination of Final Cut Pro and After Effects, Austin was able to showcase a variety of different skills he has learned while at Platt. Here’s just a short clip but you can view the whole video on our Vimeo account at https://vimeo.com/plattcollege. Nice work Austin!
8. Marielena Villalobos – Native American Chief PortraitPlatt College student Marielena Villalobos recently painted this beautiful portrait of a Native American chief on a 6×6 inch canvas! That’s a small canvas for such beautiful details. Nice work Marielena!
9. Jorge Tirado – Ghostbuster’s PortraitPlatt College Alumni Jorge Tirado created this fun artwork perfect for celebrating the Ghostbuster’s 30th Anniversary last month! In honor of the films 30th anniversary they have re-released the film in theaters as well. Awesome work Jorge!
10. Adrian Brown – Digital PaintingWe love scrolling through our #plattcollegesandiego hashtag everyday to see what our students are up to! This is a digital painting created by Platt College student Adrian Brown. Thanks for sharing your work with us!